Free MMO

Public Discussions.
quadcam
Gryphon Knight

Free MMO

Post by quadcam » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Hi,

Long story short I was looking in steam on my Ubuntu computer. I found a free mmo Champions of Regnum. They pretty much ripped off DAOC and put it on steam. There's 3 realms with designated RvR zones between the 3 realms that is protected by a "Great Wall". There's not much customization, and it's not very pretty looking. It looks like DAOC 2003 graphics. I made an archer on the hib realm. It's called the Syrtis realm. I call them hibs or the green realm. I might make another free account and try the blue realm or the mids. It's free, and if you get bored it's worth playing around with. I think there are expansions that are paid, but I haven't looked at that yet.

http://www.championsofregnum.com/index. ... 2&subsec=1

Zayron
Unicorn Knight

Re: Free MMO

Post by Zayron » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:01 pm

Looks interesting. I wonder how big the download is. Would probably have to download at work and take home. Verizon probably would not like me downloading over phone.
DAOC Phoenix - Zayron, Blademaster | Jakrah, Ranger | Zilyang, Animist
DAOC Ywain - Zayron, Champion | Syito, Nightshade | Jakrah, Shaman | Zilyang, Scout | Nimrook, Eldritch and Theurgist
DAOC Bedevere - Nimrook, Sorcerer | Zayron, Reaver

quadcam
Gryphon Knight

Post by quadcam » Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:59 pm

I got level 14 on a hunter today. Hunter is just like the Mids hunter in a lot of ways. I can charm pets, stealth, and debuff enemy. I stayed on the Hib realm for now. I got a level 6 warrior on the mid realm. The game may be free to play, but you will need to spend at least 5 dollars to get a mount. There's merchants in the game where you can use real money to buy certian things like double xp bonus, mounts, and other things. It doesn't look like you have to buy things to compete other than a mount. There's an item that doubles your inventory, allows you to change the race of your character, change your name, and all kinds of stuff that was never in DAOC. I might change my race later on lol.

Zayron
Unicorn Knight

Post by Zayron » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:27 pm

What server are you on or is it all one server? I downloaded the exe at work. Was thinking about trying to install it on my home computer soon.
DAOC Phoenix - Zayron, Blademaster | Jakrah, Ranger | Zilyang, Animist
DAOC Ywain - Zayron, Champion | Syito, Nightshade | Jakrah, Shaman | Zilyang, Scout | Nimrook, Eldritch and Theurgist
DAOC Bedevere - Nimrook, Sorcerer | Zayron, Reaver

fellc
Warder

Post by fellc » Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:54 pm

I could probably have a gw2 key generated for you if you want to try. The game blows imo but it was free so been messing around. Always interesting to level to max in new games at least once unless it feels like too much of a grind